Version Information Editor v2.14 released

This is the first release in nearly 8 years of this niche little tool that I wrote to manage updating of version information resources.

I've added support for macros this time, mainly so I can drag in version numbers stored in external files.

I use it all the time in by build tool chain, but I expect its use may be a trifle limited!

You can get release 2.14.0 from GitHub.

The source code is also available from GitHub in the delphidabbler/vied repo, but be warned, it's a real mess & I'm very, very ashamed of it. The code started out in 1998 as a 16 bit program written with Delphi 1. Given how rarely I update it, I've just kept adding kludge upon bodge! 🤮

Comments

  1. The discription on GitHub says "VIEd is written in Object Pascal and targeted at Delphi 2010, although any later non-Unicode compiler should suffice."
    I think that should be "any Unicode compiler".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You ain't wrong. I'll go fix it. Thx

      Delete
    2. I'd got the target compiler wrong too! Fixed in develop branch at commit 69fad14

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome, but please don't comment here if:

1) You have a query about, or a bug report for, one of my programs or libraries. Most of my posts contain a link to the relevant repository where there will be an issue tracker you can use.

2) You have a query about any 3rd party programs I feature, please address them to the program's developer(s) - there will be a link in the post.

3) You're one of the tiny, tiny minority who are aggressive or abusive - in the bin you go!

Thanks

Popular posts from this blog

New String Property Editor Planned For RAD Studio 12 Yukon 🤞

Multi-line String Literals Planned For Delphi 12 Yukon🤞

Call JavaScript in a TWebBrowser and get a result back