Version Information Editor v2.16.0

I've just released v2.16.0 of my rather niche Version Information Editor. This program helps with writing the version info resource that should be in every program.

Now I know that Delphi has been generating that information for usfor ages now, but the way it goes about doesn't work the way I want, so I wrote my own tool!

Anyhow, this new version allows the value of an environment variable to be included in version information. You can also create new variables on the command line using the -E:name=value command line parameter. The variables can be referenced in the program using a new <%Env> macro. See the help file for details.

Like all my recent releases I've simplified the process of building the program from within the Delphi IDE and added a new script to create release using MSBuild instead of Make.

There are also a few bugs fixes and I've made a long overdue start on refactoring the very smelly and ancient code!

👉 Get v2.16.0 from GitHub (all changes listed on that release page).

Above is the definition of two Env macros: ProgramFiles that gets its value from the environment variable of the same name, and temp-files that is an alias for the TMP environment variable from which it gets its value. Below are examples of the actual values of the macros.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New String Property Editor Planned For RAD Studio 12 Yukon 🤞

Multi-line String Literals Planned For Delphi 12 Yukon🤞

Deleting elements from a dynamic array