Welcome freebie from Embarcadero for C++ fans

The other day I heard for the first time, from Jim McKeeth, about Embarcadero releasing a new version of Dev C++ that they'd forked from Bloodshed Dev-C++ and Orwell Dev-C++. It's an open source, free, C++ IDE.

I'm probably late to the party, and most of you know about this already, but I thought I'd share anyway.

What's this got to do with Delphi? OK it's a bit off topic, but it's written in Delphi!

I've downloaded the portable version to have a tinker with. Now it's C++ (shudder!) and it's, thankfully, been years since I wrote anything in C, but I'm curious. Did I mention I'm an old tight wad and it's free?

There are several themes available. I've chosen a dark one:

If you're interested you can read more and/or download it on GitHub or on the Embarcadero site.

Contributions to the project are welcome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New String Property Editor Planned For RAD Studio 12 Yukon 🤞

Multi-line String Literals Planned For Delphi 12 Yukon🤞

Call JavaScript in a TWebBrowser and get a result back