Time to fix some bad UI design (Thanks, DelphiCon!)

Well, my first DelphiCon is over I've got to say I enjoyed it. Thanks to Jim McKeeth & the team for all their work arranging it.

I found several of the presentations rather stimulating. One, however, has resulted in me having to do some work, damn it. Which one? One, by Ray Konopka called How Tab Controls Can Ruin Desktop UX is which one. I must say though that, despite making me feeling embarrassed, this was one of my favourite presentations at DelphiCon.

For some time I've thought that the multi row tabs in the CodeSnip Preferences dialogue box were confusing. Take a look:

CodeSnip Preferences dialogue box

I dislike the way that the tab lines rearrange themselves when you click on one of the tabs on the top rows. Hell, even I get confused using this dialogue, and I wrote the damn thing.

This has been niggling me literally for years, but never got beyond the "must fix that one day" stage until Ray heaped opprobrium upon such aberrations in front of the whole world (well, in front of DelphiCon attendees at any rate).

Now, I feel rather obliged to fix it. I've even raised myself an issue!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New String Property Editor Planned For RAD Studio 12 Yukon 🤞

Multi-line String Literals Planned For Delphi 12 Yukon🤞

Call JavaScript in a TWebBrowser and get a result back