Enable Hyper-V on Windows 11 Home

I've treated myself to new Windows 11 laptop in this year's Black Friday sales. This going to be my main development machine.

I decided to install a second copy of Windows in a virtual machine as a sandbox for beta testing and any other activities that i don't want scribbling all over my shiny new file system.

Having settled upon Microsoft's official Windows 11 development VM I thought I'd use Hyper-V. That's when I hit a snag. My laptop is running Win 11 Home. And the Home edition doesn't officially support Hyper-V.

Poking round net the revealed a hack to force Windows Home to install & use Hyper-V. Just in case anyone else is having the same problem, I thought I'd share a link to the page that explains how to get Hyper-V up and running. Here's the link: https://www.makeuseof.com/install-hyper-v-windows-11-home/.

While this hack worked for me, I'm issuing the usual disclaimer! If you do use this method, do remember to create a restore point before starting.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New String Property Editor Planned For RAD Studio 12 Yukon 🤞

Multi-line String Literals Planned For Delphi 12 Yukon🤞

Call JavaScript in a TWebBrowser and get a result back